Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell, R.I.P.

Jerry Falwell kicked it today, permanently. Is this perhaps a cause for rejoicing? Enh, don't really care that muc -ELLIOTT! THAT IS NOT YOUR FOOD!

Sorry, had to remind the cat which dish is his.

So, where was I? Mr. Moral Majority brought such joy to this world, and his is an intellect that the American public - particularly in the South, one imagines, where most folk can give or take book-larnin' - will sorely miss. It is small consolation to know that other sociopaths like Ralph Reed and Pat Robertson continue to carry the torch of belligerent intolerance that Falwell somehow turned into a virtue in America. It should, of course, be noted that even John McCain, perhaps the only prospective Republican candidate with half a brain (further research is required to verify this) looks for the approval of the freaks who think it's better to give money to a religious con-man than to make sure their kids learn actual science in a classroom.

P.S. Did I mention I'm talking, mostly, out of my ass, from the seat of my pants, and off the cuff?

No comments: