Friday, July 27, 2007

I'm like Diogenes, but ...

... instead of an honest man, I'm looking for something worth adding to my "Random Links." And instead of a lantern, I'm using teh internets. But otherwise I'm exactly like Diogenes. Really.

Blogger.com features a "Blog of Note" each weekday, and oftentimes they're interesting enough to merit attention and placement on that list. I saw one the other day called The Caffeinated Librarian and thought it might be promising. When I went to check it out, I was bombarded with post after post about Harry Potter. Well, so much for that.

Today I decided to check again. The first one that caught my eye was Guerrilla Busfare, and I thought, "That might be interesting - it sounds like it could be someone who is pro-mass transit, and that's cool." Then I read the brief description at the top of the page: "There's a fine line between criticism and haterism. Tread lightly." Well, so much for that.

Then there was a link labeled Yeah, That Vegan ****. Hmm. Let's see what this is aboot. Description: "Vegan recipes that will make you scream with unbridled pleasure." I like food, and while I'm a dedicated omnivore, I have no issues with animal-free meals every so often. Plus, I know no fewer than 4 vegetarians. (Hay guys!) Looks like we have a winner!


1 comment:

Máire said...

I'll have to go check that out. With lots of butter.

So the simpsonizer didn't do it fer ya, eh? (Or are you another one for whom the page did not want to load?)