Sunday, August 05, 2007

Harry Potter and the Movie Review

Friday night Ben & I went to see the latest Harry Potter flick. Unlike the vast majority of the audience, I have not read any of the books, and have no desire to do so. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed all of the films. People have complained about the loss of content, and shallow character development. At least one user said that if you hadn't read the book, you wouldn't be able to follow the plot. Completely untrue. I had no trouble with the plot, and while the movie may have focused excessively on HP, isn't that the point of the story? Isn't he the central character throughout the series?

1 comment:

Máire said...

Oh good, glad to hear it. This is the first one in the series where I read the book before I saw the movie, and I wondered to myself how much that affected my experience.