Friday, April 06, 2007

What makes today better than other Fridays?

Why do they call it "Good" Friday? Does this imply that there's a corresponding "Bad" Friday? When is that, exactly? Friday the 13th? What if Good Friday falls on the 13th? Does it become Neutral Friday? If there's a Good Friday, is there also a Better Friday, and a Best Friday?

Even more confusing is the whole meat thing. If I'm already going to burn in hell for eternity, does it really matter if I eat part of a dead cow on this specific day? And why is fish not meat? It's a fleshy part of an animal. Just because the animal breathes through gills, that makes it something other than meat? If so, what exactly is it? As far as I know, it's not a vegetable, a fruit, or a grain. Where does it go in the food pyramid? What about dolphin? Is that meat? It's not a fish, so I can only assume it's meat. Of course, when the rules were made up, they maybe didn't know that dolphins were mammals, so maybe dolphin is okay too. I hope so, cuz I love me some dolphin on a bun.

3 comments:

Máire said...

You've gotten the memo that the meat thing was just an economic ploy, right?

(or so the story goes)

Brain said...

Yeah, but it's still stupid.

Máire said...

DId I claim it was smart?