Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday, shitty Monday

U2 could have made a different song with that name, but I guess it wouldn't have been as political or whatever, and Bono might never have had the chance to use starving/diseased people in Africa to illustrate what a great human being he is.

Anyway, just a brief couple of notes, for the fun.
Saw a guy on the bus this morning who dressed like he was trying to be ALL of Run DMC - the hat, the coat, far more jewelry than any one person should own, let alone wear at once. He was on the one side of the back seat of the bus, and I was on the other. I had my phone out to check messages (Ben had called & left a message mere moments earlier) and find out about rescheduling my dental appointments. Dude looks at me and makes some comment about "knockin' [me] out" (perhaps at the suggestion of his mother) if I point my camera at him. WTF? If you dress like a carnival sideshow, you ought be be less self-conscious about it.

Earlier this a.m., one of my dental crowns came off. This is the same one that came off earlier this year, and then was re-attached by the dentist, who later (at my semi-annual checkup) noticed in the x-ray picture that the crown wasn't sitting properly, and would need to be removed and reset. Well, I've saved them the trouble of removing it, I guess.

Today in studio we have an "intermediate review" of our progress thus far. I haven't made any progress in the past couple of weeks, and I'm officially a fruitbasketcase right now, so I'm not looking forward to this. I guess on the plus side, I'm not going to go into the review with any delusions that I've done a good job. So when they tear me a new one, it won't catch me by surprise.

Speaking of which, I guess I'd better get to work on that.

No comments: